Thursday, April 29, 2010

Glam Libation Thurday- Framboise Lambic


by Lisa


It’s Glam Libation Thursday, and of course you know the Glam Society always has something HAUTE to recommend. Today’s recommendation is Framboise beer, or what is more commonly referred to as a Lambic.
I know, I know, many of you probably think beer is the antithesis of chic, but trust me; you have not had anything that tastes like THIS… Let me preface this recommendation by saying, I am a beer girl. I mean give me a cold Corona (lite!) with lime, and I am in my world. Plus, there are just some things that just taste inherently better with beer- Maryland Blue Crabs, anything cooked on the grill, you get the picture. Though I am a certified beer lover, I am very discerning in my preferences.
I had the opportunity to experience Framboise Lambic while enjoying a fab burger at my new favorite Burger Joint- Abbeys thanks to a recommendation from our Foodie Fashionista Stacie Glam!
In any case, Framboise is French for raspberry, and before hops were used in beer, fruits were included in the fermentation process. Lambic is a very distinctive tasting sweet beer, which is only brewed a region of Belgium just south of Brussels.

If you’ve ever tasted Chambourd, which is a Raspberry flavored liquor, and enjoyed the taste you will LOVE Framboise Lambic.


Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment